WEP is a two- week program at KAUST that creates a lively and engaging atmosphere, taking us away from our regular activities and bringing together the KAUST community, in-Kingdom visitors and eminent speakers from around the world. The success of WEP depends upon the enthusiasm and creativity of everyone. I thank you for your past efforts and look forward to the 2020 WEP program.
Please join me, Marie-Laure Boulot, and the Enrichment Program Team in thanking Niveen and Khaled for agreeing to lead the 2020 program.
Professor Yves Gnanou
Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs
The two-week Winter Enrichment Program (WEP) returned in 2020 from January 12 to 23 under the theme ‘Personalized Medicine.’ This program was Chaired by Professor Niveen M. Khashab and co-Chaired by Professor Khaled Nabil Salama.
About the theme 'Personalized Medicine'
Personalized medicine is the natural progression of medicine and science, that aims at tailoring practices, interactions, and medicine to the individual patient. We must work to ensure that the best medicine is provided to the correct patient for treating and potentially preventing critical illnesses. How is personalized medicine going to impact your personal life? WEP 2020 focused on the following broad areas:
- The future of medicine: how can we leverage current science and technology to implement customized treatments, drugs, applications, and biotechnology?
- The use of personalized medicine and genetic information on security, biology, AI, technology, science.
- The economic impact of personalized medicine and technology and how does it fit in the vision 2030.
- The impact of culture, ethics, and the environment on personal health.
- New trends on well-being and lifestyle.
WEP 2020 Must-See Events
Have a look at the brochure and discover the program.