Registration for Enrichment in the Spring is now open
You can now register for upcoming Enrichment in the Spring events until Sunday 15 March. To register for an event, simply visit our dedicated website.
Highlights of the program include:
COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES AND WEEKEND ACTIVITIES
- Movies focused on the brain and mind, including the blockbusters 'Memento', 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and 'Awakenings'
- An afternoon of mind games in association with Graduate Affairs and the Board Games Group
- A portraits photography exhibition by the KAUST photography Self-Directed Group
- Brain activity and creativity of The KAUST Schools Seniors' exhibition
An opening night extravaganza
- Special performance of Broadway and popular song
- World-reknowned 'Night of the Ad-Eaters' worldwide advertising showcase
3 brown bag lectures: lunchtime academic presentations
- Whale sharks
- 3D visualisations of the brain
- Writing systems and Korean Hangul
A keynote lecture
- On neuroscience and neurosurgical pathologies such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's with Prof. Alim-Louis Benabid
3 evening musical performances
- A special multimedia musical performance on music, emotion and the brain with Mike McGinnis, Pierre Magistretti and several KAUST community members
- A piano recital by Orazio Sciortino
- Art Songs and Opera Arias by John Tiranno, Jennifer Cho and Orazio Sciortino
If you have any queries about Enrichment in the Spring, please contact us at email@example.com.
Like us on Facebook: Enrichment at KAUST
Follow us on Twitter @EnrichAtKaust and participate in trending #SEP2015 and #Brainwee
Enrichment in the Spring is brought to you by the Office of Enrichment Programs.
From Saturday, March 21 to Saturday, March 28, come and play chess, checkers, pick-up sticks and tumble tower in public spaces: challenge your boss, a colleague or a friend during lunchtime or after w ... more
Location: Fellowship Hall, Level 4, Student Center (building 18)
Beginners and advanced players above the age of 15, join the Student Board Games Group and its members in playing exciting games from 3:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: Carrom Game, 7 wonders, Agricola, Settlers ... more
How emotional is our brain? In this special multimedia musical performance, neuroscientist Pierre Magistretti and composer/musicianMichael McGinnis will collaborate with KAUST musicians, photograph ... more
Come listen to the concert performer pianistOrazio Sciortino. You’ll be entertained by a special performance in “Triple Meter”. When beats are organized into recurring accent patterns, the result i ... more
Location: Location: Al-Khawarizmi (building 1), Multipurpose Room, room 2418, desert side.
Understanding the brain is one of the most ambitious scopes of science. The way neuroscientists have approached the problem ranged from the molecular level up to the higher cognitive functions in huma ... more
Location: University Library (building 12)
The Grade 12 students who followed the IB Visual Arts Program will be exhibiting their studio production at the University Library from Friday, March 25 to Wednesday, April 1. From the 20th until the ... more